...accomplished!

By Katharine Swan On Thursday, February 25, 2010 At 6:31 PM

I've finished switching my blogs over to Custom Domain publishing — all except for DollStringing.com. (That one will be more complicated, because of the way I integrated it with the website. I could have done it too tonight, but I'm afraid I just ran out of steam.)

I foresee two problems. One, as I already mentioned, the URL for the site feed is going to change. Be sure to update your reader or re-follow me.

Two — and this one is more serious — I was unable to forward visitors to my old pages to the new blog. Most likely my only choice here — if I want to fix the problem, of course — will be to write the html myself and create forwarding pages for every. single. blog. post. I've. ever. written.

Yeah, I'm not thinking that's very likely. Anyone remember how to Google to see who is linking to me out there? It would be nice if I could just create forwarding pages for the URLs people are actually linking to.

Anyway, let me know if you find anything else that is problematic. It was a big job, one I spent most of my afternoon on, so I won't be surprised at all if I missed something!

Labels:

for this post

Leave a Reply

Katharine Swan is a full-time freelance writer with more than 5 years of professional writing experience. In addition to maintaining several personal blogs, she writes a variety of online marketing materials for clients, including company blogs, articles, and press releases. In her free time, she spends time with her horse, reads, and writes fiction.

Subscribe to posts

Content copyright © 2005-2011 by Katharine Swan Leppert.
No part of the work displayed on this site may be reproduced without the author's permission.

Previous Posts